The United Methodist Church is “Called to Action” to be a forward-leaning Church that addresses the challenges of our day and to grow vitality in our congregations so more disciples of Jesus Christ transform the world.
Congregations that understand where they have been and what has affected the current reality of their church are better equipped to see the possibilities for their future. A congregation that understands their history will benefit as they set goals for their future and use the VitalSigns Dashboard to track their progress and capture stories of God at work each week.
In response to the ‘Call to Action’ to focus on fostering and sustaining an increase in the number of vital congregations, the VitalSigns Dashboard tool was [and is] designed to help congregations follow their progress on the goals they set each year, allowing them to track:
- Weekly worship attendance
- Weekly ONLINE attendance
- Professions of faith or reaffirmation of faith
- Number of small groups
- Small group participation
- Engagement in Mission and Outreach
- Support of (giving to) Missions around the World
- Giving to “Support the Ministry of the Congregation” (pledges and offerings)
- Number of Fresh Expressions Ministries
If your church is not currently receiving the email reminder notification, please update your church’s VitalSigns Dashboard profile here.
- Update Your Church Profile (to update church email address)
- VitalSigns Quick Guide for Local Churches (PDF)
- Find out more about What to Report by watching a short video (just under 9 minutes)
- Vital Congregations Goal Setting Tools and Resources
- More information from The United Methodist Church's Vital Congregations: Vital Signs page
- Digital Ministry (Online Worship): Tools and Tips to Get Started
- Digital Discipleship
Visit the Vital Signs reporting page at http://vitalsigns.trendsendapp.com/reports/25/overview for an overview of one or more jurisdictions, conferences or churches in the United Methodist connection. See how your church compares!
Making disciples, growing vital congregations and transforming the world is part of a spiritual adventure that is empowered by the Holy Spirit as churches engage in the means of grace. Spiritual goals are accomplished by connecting the means of grace with proven vital church practices such as planning, strategic direction, prioritization, clear focus and alignment.