Upcoming ERT Training Sat., Aug. 13
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 21, 2022
Register now for upcoming early response team, ERT, training.
Certified ERTs respond to disasters in the days after they happen.
Jumpertown United Methodist Church in Booneville is hosting an ERT training Saturday, August 13, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The address for the training is 888 HWY 4 W.
The Mission of an Early Response Team is to provide a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of a disaster.
This team is neither a first response group of emergency workers nor a recovery rebuild or repair team; rather it fills a specific need in the early days after a disaster to establish the presence of the church.
What do Early Response Teams do?
- Provide a Christian presence. This does not sound like a task and is NOT, however it can be the MOST important thing a team can do.
- Take steps to prevent further damage to a family’s personal property (i.e. tarping, debris removal, chainsaw work and cleaning out of flooded homes).
- Teams may be asked to manage donated materials, gather information or other things as deemed necessary by the community.
- Observe survivor’s needs and report these to the local operations.
- Be a part of the caring ministry of “listeners” who will help the survivors begin to heal.
The registration fee of $30 includes a manual, lunch, background check and leader expenses. For ERT certification, participants will need to attend the entire course. This training will have hands-on activities, it is recommended that you dress comfortably in layers.
For more details, contact David Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get disaster response updates and news and "like" Mississippi Conference Disaster Response @MSUMCDisaster
Get quick tips and information to help your faith community and "Follow" us on Twitter.