Journey to Transformation
In a world with limited resources, you need to narrow your focus. And how you determine "What's next?" and setting priorities can be difficult.
Journey to Transformation Encounter may be your answer.
Whether you want to start a new worship service, a new ministry or even to transform an existing faith community, you have to know where your starting point is in order to create a plan to get where you want to go. Journey to Transformation Encounter is a facilitated and consultative process designed to assist church leaders in understanding their current ministry context so they may begin to discern possibilities for their future and determine needed resources so they may re-discover their mission, re-engage their community and re-emerge as a healthy, thriving congregation.
STEP 1: Pre-Workshop (preparation)
- Data Gathering (church statistics, 1-mile demographic report from MissionInsite, etc.)
- Participate in the 28 Day Church Challenge
- Complete a church-wide Readiness 360 Survey
Step 2: Five-Hour Workshop
- Discover Current Realities: a series of activities to explore the current congregational practices, discipleship system and leadership development
- Ministry Opportunities: identify mission opportunities and potential for community engagement
- Strategic Visioning: create a vision, goals and projects to get to where you want to go
Step 3: Post Workshop (reporting findings)
- Facilitator assembles a written report outlining the findings gleaned from the gathered data and the workshop, and provides recommendations for consideration by the congregation's leaders as they seek to live into their ministry potential.
- Coaching and additional workshops are available as needed.
Not sure what to do next?
Contact the Faith Community Formation Office to schedule a time for a consultation to discuss your particular needs:
- Rev. Tim Thompson, Director & Administrative Assistant to the Bishop: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Horstman, Regional Director & Database Manager: email@example.com or 769-243-7072
- Rev. Jason Zebert, Project Coordinator/Office Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 769-243-7073