Clergy/Non-Clergy Budget Compensation Reports
Beginning in 2021 churches have the option of completing the compensation forms with either the traditional PDF document or using an Excel sheet which will complete all calculations for you and help validate many of your elective entries if an inadvertent error or entry is made.
Note that the compensation forms must use the appropriate document format provided below. Detailed instructions are included on each form to help you. To view the new year insurance rates that take effect on January 1st which are required to complete these forms click here.
See the non-clergy budget compensation packet below for use with supply pastors or any other non-licensed, non-commissioned or non-ordained person serving as a church pastor.
- 2021 Non-Clergy (Lay) Compensation Form - PDF
- 2021 Non-Clergy (Lay) Compensation Form - Excel
Clergy Budget Compensation Report Videos
These are supplemental videos related to the 2021 Clergy Budget Compensation Reports. They are done in small segments so that you can quickly get to the area in which you need resourcing. The videos are as follows:
Non-Clergy Budget Compensation Report Videos
These are supplemental videos related to the 2021 Non- Clergy Budget Compensation Reports. They are done in small segments so that you can quickly get to the area in which you need resourcing. The videos are as follows:
- Introduction to your new online Compensation Form
- Budget Compensation Overview
- How do I begin?
- Reimbursable Expenses:
- Employer Share of Taxes:
- Payroll Computations:
- Completing the form:
- Form Walk-Through to complete your Compensation Report
3 "L" Academy
In the past, the Mississippi Conference Board of Pension sponsored a two-day educational session where we assisted clergy in modeling and teaching the United Methodist commitment to fully utilizing their time, talents, gifts, service, and witness. During that session we explored new ways of doing stewardship and teaching generosity. With the pandemic, we had to postpone the program to the spring of 2021.
Until that time, we have the following videos that we believe will assist you in learning the important details about your benefits as clergy. We hope you will register for the Academy in the spring as soon as we are able to set the date. More to come about that.
1. Clergy Benefits: Who is covered and at what cost to whom?”
. 2. The Basics of the Wespath Clergy Retirement Plans
b. Different plans you might have - Pre 82 MPP CRSP UMPIP
c. How does the new rules of moving affect the clergy retirement plans?
d. Life Stage Investing
e. Benefits at a Glance: Annuities—What a Retiree Should Know
f. Benefits at a Glance: MPP and Annuitization—What You Need to Know
3. Comprehensive Protection plan (for those ¾ time and full time)
Disabilty and Death Benefits
4. EY Financial Planning Services
a. Are you ready and able to retire?
b. Do you have a plan to get there?
c. Leaving your money with Wespath.
5. Benefits Access
6. Medical Benefits Program for the Clergy and their Family
a. Active Plan
b. Retiree Plan
Local Church Administry Training
The financial leadership training provides counsel and guidance to strengthen the administrative and financial abilities of the local church treasurer, financial secretary, finance committee members, church business administrators and church Trustees. Topics covered are human resources, treasurer and pastor parish issues, statistical reporting, connectional giving, finance committee responsibilities, budget preparation, financial secretary duties and hints, treasurer responsibilities and reporting, internal controls ,disciplinary requirement, auditing requirements and changes, and trustees responsibilities of the legal body as well as required work of it.
The following videos will help in each of the various areas. Click on the name on the video and it will appear. Please call if you need any other assistance.
These are supplemental videos related to the Local Church Administry Training. They are done in small segments so that you can quickly get to the area in which you need resourcing. The videos are as follows:
- Administry Intro
- Administry (Part 1 Finance Committee)
- Administry ( Part 2 Internal Controls)
- Administry (Part 3 Budget Preparation
- Administry (Part 4 Human Resources)
- Administry (Part 5 Financial Secretary)
- Administry (Part 6 Treasurer)
- Administry (Part 7 Auditing)
- Administry (Part 8 Statistical Reporting)
- Administry (Part 9 Connectional Giving):
- Administry (Part 10 Trustees):
- Administry (Part 11 Parsonage Standards)
- Administry (Part 12 Conference Assistance Program)
- Administry (Part 13 Training Wrap Up)