Asbury United Methodist Church in Petal, Ms. is accepting applications for the position of Worship Leader. This position is part-time, with an expectation of 10 to 15 hours per week.
The Worship Leader will lead music worship for the 10:40 service, plus additional non-Sunday worship services as they may apply (Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc). The Worship Leader duties include:
• Meet weekly with church staff to prayerfully plan services
• Attend and represent the Worship Team during all scheduled Asbury Executive Council Meetings.
• Prepare song lists for each service
• Provide music for all musicians via the Services app or other appropriate means of distribution
• Schedule musicians for each service
• Prepare media for worship using ProPresenter or comparable technology
• Pray with, lead and direct the church praise team. Praise team practice is each Wednesday night and Sunday mornings before the worship service.
The ideal applicant loves God and is actively pursuing a relationship with Him, has musical talent and proficiency instrumentally and/or vocally, and has a heart for leading others in worshiping God through music. Applicants should also have a working knowledge of sound systems and media technology. Salary is commensurate upon experience Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references – pastoral, professional, and personal. Interested applicants are asked to send any digital representative samples such as a .mp3 or YouTube link. Please email all information to Rev. Jonathan Crabtree at email@example.com.
Contact: Rev. Jonathan Crabtree