WISCONSIN CONFERENCE CAMPING AND RETREAT MINISTRIES CAMP SITE DIRECTOR The Board of Camp and Retreat and Wisconsin Conference Search Committee announce a national search for the next Lake Lucerne Camp Site Director for the Wisconsin Conference and invites inquires and applications for the position.
Founded in 1947, Lake Lucerne Camp and Retreat Center has been a place where people can come together to build connection to community and their faith through unique experiences. Lake Lucerne has been providing life-changing experiences of spiritual growth nestled in over 500 acres of Wisconsin forest. There have been many changes over the years, but there are also many opportunities for revitalization.
The Search Committee seeks an experienced professional with a genuine passion for people, camping, and the outdoors. Lake Lucerne’s next Camp Site Director will be responsible for casting a vision for the Camp and Retreat Center, while also bringing inclusive, collaborative and strategic leadership to this position. The preferred candidate must demonstrate superior relationship building skills and possess a sound understanding of The United Methodist Church. The Camp Site Director will be expected to assume the position effective May 2021.
The Camp Site Director is responsible for providing visionary, spiritual leadership and oversight, direction and management for camp and retreat ministries at Lake Lucerne Camp in the Wisconsin Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, in coordination and collaboration with the camp ministries at Pine Lake Camp, the Board of Camp and Retreat Ministries and the Director of Congregational Development.
· Create, develop, implement, maintain and evaluate the vision and strategy for Camp and Retreat ministry. Responsible for developing and implementing long-term site plans,
which include development, maintenance, and improvements to the following: hospitality, food service, facilities and housekeeping service, safety, and continued compliance with local, county, state and federal regulations, as well as United Methodist Church expectations.
· Strategize, plan, and enact plans for Camp and Retreat Ministry Programs for the summer and year-round by providing for a variety of creative, innovative opportunities for children, youth, adults, and families, for people of all ethnicities, languages, cultures, at-risk, and differing abilities.
· Cultivate vital, healthy relationships for ongoing ministry engagement with staff, volunteers, campers, congregation, donors, local community, organizations, and other potential groups.
· Oversee the financial health, stability, and sustainability of the camp and responsible and accountable to guidelines established with the Board of Camp and Retreat Ministries. Develop and maintain balanced annual operating and capital budgets, planning for a variety of income streams, careful expenditures and cultivating endowments and investments for future projects and needs.
· Recruit, hire, train, add supervise, camp and retreat staff.
· Ensure the marketing of the Camp and Retreat Ministry Programs.
· Create, develop and implement a fundraising strategy that is mutually beneficial for campers, guests, and donors and which engagingly invites them into our shared ministry story.
· Ensure a Christian and Wesleyan/United Methodist environment of faith development, welcoming hospitality, safety, and ecological sustainability throughout the campsite and the programming ministries.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
· 3 to 5 years of previous experience working in a camp and retreat environment is required.
· 3+ years of supervisory experience, including responsibility for overseeing building / grounds staff.
· Proven project management experience is required.
· Genuine passion for people, camping, and outdoors is required.
· Full command of the knowledge and experience required to direct all aspects of a camp and retreat center.
· Ability to develop a camp program to encompass skills at varying levels of experience.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Comfortable and effective at communicating with diverse groups of people and maintaining confidentiality.
· Strong work ethic, dedication, and determination to do whatever it takes and the ability to get along with a diverse group of individuals.
· Ability to independently manage time and effectively prioritize tasks.
· Ability to be a proactive team member who is innovative and focused on quality improvements.
· Ability to provide superior quality service to both internal and external customers.
· Ability to effectively manage a crisis.
· Microsoft Office Suite and basic computer knowledge is required.
· First Aid, CPR and additional training is strongly preferred.
· Current knowledge or willingness to learn the polity and theology of The United Methodist Church is required.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday, April 2, 2021
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
The Wisconsin Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.