First Methodist Downtown Jackson is actively searching for a Director of Worship Ministry. We are a multi-generational church located in a downtown-urban area, seeking to be mission-minded and faithful to the United Methodist and Wesleyan traditions. We presently worship in one combined worship service where the ancient meets modern in our intergenerational teaching, preaching, and liturgy in our celebrations of the Word and sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Coordinating all music and worship planning, rehearsals, implementation and logistics, including choral direction for rehearsals and the Sunday morning service.
- Utilizing congregational and community resources and talent, including but not limited to handbell choirs, ensembles, and occasional orchestral music.
- Ongoing recruitment for chorists, instrumentalists, and others gifted for worship participation.
Essential Attributes of applicant
- Love and appreciation for the Methodist tradition.
- A heart for servant ministry, ability to work with paid and volunteer staff.
- Flexibility and inclusiveness of ancient and modern expressions of liturgy and worship that include the use of congregational singing and response.
- Credentials and experience appropriate to the capabilities and expectations of a full-time music and worship director in a well-established church.
- Interpersonal skills and a high comfort level of working with people of diverse backgrounds and musical ability.
- A history of working well with others, being organized, and the capacity to plan several months to a year in advance.
Send resumes here
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience