Director of Student Ministries
Cullman First United Methodist Church
Cullman First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Ministries who will facilitate ministries with youth (7th grade – 12th grade), and Tweens (4th grade – 6th grade). The director, working with volunteer teams, enable and equip the people of Cullman FUMC to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world through student ministry programs and activities. Starting annual compensation is mid to upper $30’s, based on experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- An associate degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree in areas related to student ministry is preferred.
- Annual continuing education in student ministry is required.
- Knowledge and full agreement with United Methodist doctrine is required.
- Personal development courses maybe required to support the individuals growth as leader and minister.
- Make disciples of Jesus Christ as evidenced by life change
- Build relationships with students, parents, school, and community leaders.
- Support students in their outside activities such as athletics, music, drama, dance, etc.
- Counsel youth and parents as needed and learn about available resources for referral.
- Make and maintain connection with students and families with quarterly contacts, face to face when possible.
- Be visible in the community by attending student events. Involve ministry volunteers, establish a contact person in each area school.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment for ministry. This includes being responsible for student ministries (Tween and Youth) full adherence to our child protection policy, “Safe Sanctuaries.”
- Demonstrate a clear, observable commitment to growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A track record of dependability, specifically attendance, keeping schedules, working independently, and following through with commitments.
- Spiritual gifts expressed in service, compassion in action, and leadership.
- Maintain a level of moral conduct compatible with the Christian faith, the doctrine and discipline of the United Methodist Church.
- A commitment to growth, learning, and development through life and ministry.
Resumes to the attention of “Staff-Parish Relations Committee” may be sent to email@example.com