Listed below is an opportunity for just the right person who is interested in joining the Connectional MInistries and Communications team of the Mississippi Annual Conference. This is a full-time position located in Jackson, Mississippi at the conference office.
- Implement plans for social media based on the overall communications strategy
- Ensure that all members of the team are familiar with plans, responsibilities and deadlines for implementing communication projects for social media
- Implement communications strategies for enhancing the conference’s digital presence
- Assist with moderating communications throughout the annual conference
- Review articles posted on web and makes recommendations, revisions or changes in scope, format and content
- Monitor analytics and create reports to help communications team make informed decisions based on the data collected
- Implement web edits and changes, create new pages as needed, regularly review website for improvements and updates
- Work with website developer as necessary to keep the site updated, user-friendly and following best practices
- Assist in providing training/support of online platforms for staff as needed
- General connectional ministries work, as needed, to assist staff which may include registrations, meeting planning, scheduling and annual conference preparation
- Assist in general oversight of grants, disaster response and other missions of the annual conference
- Demonstration of working knowledge of social media platforms and key features (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the communications industry is preferred
- Ability to work as a team in connectional ministries and communications
Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing or related field or experience in the field.
A successful candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience or education equivalent.
*You will notice that this position is primarily focused on communications skills, but as a part of the connections/communications team there will be other responsibilities particularly at times of high demand (session of annual conference planning, mission grants, etc.)
Those interested in the position who feel called to this type of work should submit a resume to Rev. Vickie White at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2021. Additionally, if you have any questions contact Rev. White.
Contact: Rev. Vickie White