Archives and History
For more information go to http://gcah.org/research/grants-and-awards.
- Racial/Ethnic History Research Grant - Awarded for research in the history and heritage of ethnic groups in the American United Methodist tradition.
- The Jesse Lee Prize - Awarded once every four years to a serious, book-length monograph in Methodist history.
- John Harrison Ness Memorial Award - An annual award may be given to M. Div. students who submit the best papers on some aspect of United Methodist history broadly conceived.
- United Methodist History for Children and Youth Curriculum Grant - To provide seed money (research, group collaboration, peer review) for the creation of a curriculum suitable for teaching the history of The United Methodist Church.
- Women in United Methodist History Research Grant - Provides seed money for research projects relating specifically to the history of women in The United Methodist Church or its antecedents.
- Women in United Methodist History Writing Award - One award given each year for an original manuscript on the history of women in The United Methodist Church or its antecedents.
- The World is My Parish United Methodist History Research Grant - To encourage research into the development of The United Methodist Church and its antecedents in conferences not in the United States.
- The Center for the EUB Heritage Audrie E. Reber Memorial Award - An annual award given to an undergraduate, seminary or graduate student who submits the best paper on some aspect of Evangelical United Brethren Church history, theology or church life.
- Josephine Forman Scholarship - The purpose of the Josephine Forman Scholarship is to provide financial support to minority students pursuing graduate education in archival science.
- Bishop Forrest C. Stith Grant - Awarded every other year to United Methodist African American congregations planning/doing innovative ways to recover, preserve and/or present their histories; or to individuals doing research projects on African Americans in Methodism.