All clergy under appointment or planning to be appointed in 2009 must attend one of six clergy ethics training events.
The sessions are sponsored by the Department of Ministerial Services and the Board of Ordained Ministry. These meetings are mandatory for clergy. No pastor can be appointed without having completed one of these workshops.
For more information, contact the Rev. Lisa Garvin, director of Ministerial Services at 601-354-0515.
Workshop dates include:
• Jan. 24 —Crystal Springs New Zion UMC, 10 a.m.
• Jan. 25 — Wiggins First UMC, 2 p.m.
• Feb. 7 — Oxford-University UMC, 10 a.m.
• Feb. 8 — Grenada First UMC, 2 p.m.
• Feb. 28 —Jackson Alta Woods UMC, 10 a.m.
• March 1 —Louisville First UMC, 2 p.m.