All clergy under appointment or planning to be appointed in 2009 must attend one of six clergy ethics training events.
The sessions are sponsored by the Department of Ministerial Services and the Board of Ordained Ministry. These meetings are mandatory for clergy. No pastor can be appointed without having completed one of these workshops.
For more information, contact the Rev. Lisa Garvin, director of Ministerial Services at 601-354-0515.
Workshop dates include:
• Jan. 24 — Brookhaven District, Crystal Springs New Zion
• Jan. 25 — Hattiesburg and Seashore districts; Wiggins First UMC
• Feb. 7 — Senatobia and Greenwood districts; Oxford-University UMC
• Feb. 8 —Tupelo and New Albany districts; Grenada First UMC
• Feb. 28 — East Jackson and West Jackson districts; Jackson Alta Woods
• March 1 — Starkville and Meridian districts; Louisville First UMC
Saturday meetings begin at 10 a.m. and lunch will be provided. Sunday meetings begin at 2 p.m.