Rev. Michelle Foster
Spring fever has officially hit me…my daffodils are blooming, the hosta plants are re-emerging from a cold and dreary winter, the lilies are striving to reach toward the sun and the birds are busy making new homes. Everywhere I turn there seems to be activity, productivity and excitement about this opportunity that spring gives us to fully live.
In the life of our congregations we sense this same kind of energy and enthusiasm for life. Easter offers new life to each of us and we are anxious to seize this new life personally and corporately. My most recent articles have spoken about marriage and family. Many of you have asked about resources available for your local church around these issues. Below you will find some recommended resources that are located in the conference
• Boundaries in Dating by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
• Boundaries in Marriage by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
• Conversations for Life: Talking with your Child by Abingdon Press
• Conversations for Life: Talking with your Teen by Abingdon Press
• Created by God: About Human Sexuality for older girls and boys
• Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey
• Love Talk by Les and Leslie Parrott
• Men Are Like Waffles Women Are Like Spaghetti by Bill and Pam Farrel
• Raising Great Kids by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
• The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
• What Really Matters at Home by John and Susan Yates
Another excellent resource, available at Cokesbury, is a series of pamphlets and its corresponding teaching guide, "FaithHome for Parents" by Abingdon Press. These pamphlets can be made available to your church community or be used in a group teaching setting.
Foster is a member of the annual conference staff. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-647-7486.