Here are 2007’s top 10 news stories from the pages of the Mississippi United Methodist Advocate:
10. Mississippi Conference holds its first World AIDS Day event, 8K Every Day, Each Day.
8. More than 400 volunteers pack 102,000 meals for Stop Hunger Now’s Project Sharehouse.
7. Elizabeth Cumbest of Hurley performs songs from her CD All Things New – Songs of Hope after Hurricane Katrina at Youth 2007.
6. The Seashore District commemorates the second anniversary of Katrina.
4. Galloway Memorial UMC senior pastor Ross Olivier announces his return to his native
3. The Rev. Jerry Mitchell (right) retires as executive director of the Mississippi United Methodist Foundation after 23 years.
2. The Annual Conference elects lay and clergy delegates to attend the 2008 General and the Southeastern Jurisdictional conferences.
1. Participants in the conference’s health insurance plan respond in surprising numbers to the Amazing Pace wellness program.