Tylertown St. James United Methodist Church held a health and wellness fair on Oct. 6.
Stations were set up for information on blood pressure, diabetes, nutrition, breast cancer, prostate cancer and bullying for children under 10 years of age. Breakout sessions in categories were opportunities for participants to share personal testimonies, ask questions and make decisions regarding their health. St. James plans to make this an annual event.
Organizers included the Rev. Dr. Charles Tillman, Russell May, Lillie Magee, Cindy Johns and Carolyn Wren.
• Russell May — bullying
• Wren — youth abstinence and eating healthy-body mass index
• Betty Daniels — diabetes prevention and control
• Johns — breast cancer
• Jackie Harness — healthy hygiene, eating choices
• Irene Martin — health information counselor
• Rose Magee — healthy eating choices
• Patty Vanderslice — blood pressure
• Margie Myers — diabetic screenings
• Kim Stuzman — diabetic screening
• Lillie Willis – prostate cance
• Kathleen Magee — information of available services
Tillman and Lillie Magee coordinated the event.