Insurance to offer dental, vision plans
By the Advocate
Participants in the Mississippi Conference health insurance program could have the option of adding dental and vision coverage.
The conference Board of Medical Benefits will present to the Annual Conference June 11-14 in Jackson the opportunity to add the coverages. If approved, the plans would go into effect July 1. The plans are only available to those currently in the conference health insurance plan.
In addition, the board also plans to bring to the Annual Conference the medical savings account, high-deductible plan described at the insurance forums held in the spring. In addition, the projected rates as of May 31 will be presented with the option to adjust rates Oct. 1 if medical costs or utilization of the plan warrants a reduction. The proposed rates will go into effect Jan. 1.
Both the dental and vision plans require just 10 participants to take effect, and rates are guaranteed for two years. In addition, those who choose the plan must remain in it for a full year.
The dental plan offered by Delta Dental includes:
- Diagnostic and preventative procedures paid at 100 percent
- Basic procedures paid at 80 percent
- Major procedures paid at 50 percent
- Orthodontia paid at 50 percent with a $1,000 lifetime maximum per participant
- Deductible, Type II and III of $50
- Calendar-year maximum of $1,000
- UCR reimbursement at 80 percent
- Employee only rate of $28.84 per month
- Employee plus spouse rate of $64.97 per month
- Employee plus children rate of $64.97 per month
- Employee plus family rate of $91.54
The vision plan offered by Eyemed Vision Care:
- Annual eye exam within the managed care network paid at 100 percent; up to $35 out of network
- Single vision lenses within the network paid at 100 percent; up to $25 out of network
- Bifocal lenses within the network paid at 100 percent; up to $40 out of network
- Trifocal lenses within the network paid at 100 percent; up to $55
- Contact lenses paid up to $100 within the network; up to $45 out of network
- Deductible $10 exam; $25 lenses within the network
To find out which health-care providers are in the network, go to www.mississippi-umc.org, click on the Finance and Administration tab, and the Health Insurance link.