Special to the Advocate
Efforts to fill a conference staff position relating to youth ministries are back on track after being delayed by Hurricane Katrina.
In other CCYM news, the organization voted to endorse the requirement that all persons participating in conference events to submit a health form along with a deposit when pre-registering for the event.
Participants at conference events have always been required to submit a health form when registering for an event. In the last few years, the rule has not been enforced closely.
The health form, which is available on the conference website www.mississippi-umc.org, must be signed by a parent or guardian. Form may also be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com. Also, all participants in conference events must pre-register.
2006 Conference Youth Events
• Jan. 27-29 – Senior High Spiritual Life Retreat, Camp Wesley Pines, Gallman
• Feb.10-12 – Junior High Spiritual Life Retreat,
• June 12 – Youth Emphasis Day at Annual Conference
Youth Banquet, Madison
• June 22-24 – UMY Leadership Conference,
• July 12-14 – CCYM Summer Meeting
• July 14-16 – CONVO – in
• Aug. 5 – Youth Day at the Falls, TBA
• Sept. 16-17 – Dare-2-Lead,
• Nov. 4-5 – Jubilee in Exile, Wood Institute, Mathiston
• Dec. 30 – Jan. 1 - Overflow,
(Detailed info available soon)