Register here for ERT training- Saturday, November 5- 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. at the Meridian District Office in Meridian, Mississippi. Online registration closes at noon Thursday, November 3.
1. Trained early response teams (ERT) will be needed first. Wait for further details on staging areas and locations ready to receive assistance.
2. Teams must be self-sufficient. Many areas lack electricity, access to food and drinking water, supplies and gasoline. Once staging areas and housing for teams is known that will be communicated.
3. Bring tarps, tools, etc. for covering homes and supplies and debris removal.
4. Determine whether or not each member of your team has insurance. United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) insurance is secondary to your existing coverage and has a $50 deductible.
5. Continue to monitor email and the conference website for emerging detail.
For more information, contact Rev. David Newton via cell phone at 228.216.6567, or via email at email@example.com. You can also send mail to:
P.O. Box 8704
Moss Point, MS 39562