Reminder: Open Enrollment
Beginning the 1st of October, eligible members will have an opportunity to enroll in the Mississippi Conference insurance plan(s) with an effective date of January 1, 2017. To be eligible to participate in the conference sponsored insurance plan(s), you must be under appointment Episcopal appointment serving at least ¾ times (75%) with a minimum compensation of $20,454.
The Open Enrollment Period allows you the opportunity to enroll in or change:
- Your Medical Plan: PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) or HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan)
- Your Dental Plan: Enrollment is for a minimum 12 month period and you must participate in the conference sponsored medical plan to be eligible for enrollment.
- Your Vision Plan: Enrollment is for a minimum 12 month period and you must participate in the conference sponsored medical plan to be eligible for enrollment.
- Add eligible dependents to your plan(s) or drop dependents from your plan(s); and
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts: Annual Election not available mid-year
- You must Re-Enroll in your Flexible Spending Account(s) each year if you would like to continue to participate.
- New enrollments for the Flexible Spending Account(s) will also be accepted during this time.
If you are NOT changing plans, enrolling in new plans, or adding/dropping dependents, you DO NOT need to do anything. Your benefits will continue as they currently are through the 2017 plan year. However, the following exceptions apply:
Please remember, you may only make changes to your plans during 2017 if you experience a qualifying life status change. (Example: marriage, domestic partner registration, birth or adoption of a child, etc.). You must
make your changes within 30 days of the life status change, or you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment.
Enrollment forms (change forms) and Rates are published on the conference website on the Board of Medical Benefits webpage. The benefit rates for plan year 2017 will remain the same as the plan year 2016 rates.
Retirees Open Enrollment:
If you are over 65 and Medicare Eligible, we offer a fully insured Medicare part F look alike supplement with a prescription drug card. Please contact AmWINS at 1-877-282-1425 to request open enrollment information.
Please note if you are an eligible retired clergy person that is not currently insured and you are serving at least ¾ times (75%) with a minimum compensation of $20,454 you are also eligible to participate in the conference sponsored insurance plan(s) offered to clergy that has not retired.
- If you are a clergy person participating in the Medicare supplemental plan serving in an appointment at least ¾ times (75%) with a minimum compensation of $20,454 you must reenroll in one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans, PPO: Preferred Provider Organization or HDHP: High Deductible Health Plan because of the Medicare Secondary Payer Rules and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
If you have any questions, please contact with Sheila P. Owens, Benefits Administrator, at the Mississippi Conference office, 601-354-0515.